If you’re planning your 2014 Wisconsin wedding, now is the perfect time to think about your ideal flowers. While you obviously won’t be able to pick them up and store them in a hall closet until your big day, you should know what they’ll look like. Here are four big trends for the coming year to inspire you.
- Outdoor styles: Think trees and natural styles. The trend has been growing over the past few years, but is set to really take over in 2014. Don’t feel like you need to dig up a forest, though. Create tree-like centerpieces with a combination of delicate twigs and flowers.
- Bird cage displays: This is a home décor trend that is crossing over to weddings in the coming year. Bird cages and bird themed décor is being given the floral touch, as romantic styled cages are being filled to bursting with gorgeous blooms.
- Succulents: This became big this year, and is set to continue in 2014. If you’re planning an eco-friendly wedding day, these are the perfect choice, as your guests can take them home and replant them.
- Bee friendly: The importance of bees has been a big story for the foodies, and this bee-friendly focus is coming to flowers, too. Wildflowers and local flowers are at the base of this trend, with many couples also offering guests seed bombs as wedding favors.
To find out more about choosing a perfectly on-trend flower style for your Wisconsin wedding, give us a call or stop by our West Allis flower shop today!
Your wedding includes more than one color, and having a full color palette can give your big day a rich feeling. This same idea can be applied to your wedding flowers.
- Choose a main color. Having one main color for your wedding flowers can give all the arrangements and bouquets a sense of unity. Think about one of your main wedding colors for this, and don’t forget that white is also one of your colors!
- Choose an accent color. This is a secondary color that will really make your main color pop. It doesn’t have to be a bold color, and pale shades such as peach or pink can work well next to white blooms.
- Choose paired colors. Along with a main color and accent color, consider looking at paired colors. This year has been full of some new combinations – yellow and grey, emerald and peach – that can give your wedding a great modern feel. These can also be included in your wedding flowers, including your bouquet, boutonnieres, and centerpieces.
To find out more about how to combine colors for your wedding flowers, give us a call or come by our West Allis flower shop today!
You’ve planned out how to make your venue look fantastic, but when nature calls, will your guests find an ignored space? Perking up your venue’s restrooms can make a big impression with just a small amount of effort.
Flowers are the ideal way to add something special to the restrooms. Putting bud vases with a few blooms next to the sinks can be a wonderful way of brightening these rooms up. Of course, if there’s room for them, larger bouquets can also look great.
A great choice is to use flowers in your wedding colors, including those used throughout the rest of your décor. This gives your guests a sense of continuity and will make the restrooms feel like a real part of your wedding. You can also add in a few fragrant blooms to make the restrooms more inviting.
To find out more about using flowers in the bathrooms and throughout the venue of your Wisconsin wedding, give us a call or stop by our West Allis flower shop today!
Between the fireworks and barbecues, the Fourth of July is the perfect summer holiday. If you’re looking to bring Independence Day to your wedding, one of the best places to start is with your flowers.
Red, white, and blue blooms are perfect for a bouquet. Whether you choose roses, hydrangea, or a mix of flowers, you can carry a beautiful bouquet of colors to match your theme.
The fun and fantastic look of fireworks can also be incorporated into your flowers. With sprays of baby’s breath, you can capture the look of fireworks bursting in the sky. You can show them off on their own or mix them with blue hydrangeas for a great effect.
The best way to get the perfect Fourth of July flowers for your wedding day is to work with an experienced florist. If you’re looking for wedding flowers in Milwaukee, get in touch with us today to see what we can do!
Summer is a great time for weddings, and the season offers many great types of flowers that are perfect for nuptials. With the hotter weather, you’ll need to choose flowers that will stay beautiful throughout the full event, though.
One way to ensure you have great flowers for your summer wedding is to choose blooms that are local to us in Wisconsin. Many types of clematis and hydrangea are in season throughout the summer months and can be beautiful additions to wedding flowers.
Non-local flowers can still be a great choice, and this is the perfect time of year to choose tropical blooms like birds-of-paradise. These can add vibrant color to your arrangements while standing up to the heat and humidity of our summers.
Bright, bold colors are perfect for summer wedding flowers. It’s a chance to really show off what nature has to offer. To find out more about choosing the perfect flowers for your summer wedding, get in touch today!
When it comes to your wedding day, centerpieces are one of the most important ways to display gorgeous flowers. Along with the bridal bouquet, they’re the floral arrangements that your guests will most look forward to seeing, and that will most define the style of your wedding.
Of course, there are many different styles of centerpieces. Depending on your wedding’s style or theme, you might want to opt for something big or small, bright or subdued.
There are also multiple ways of displaying floral centerpieces. The most common way, of course, is a traditional vase. You can add extra interest to your centerpieces with a colored glass vase, which will nicely set off the flowers you have chosen.
A tall vase can be a dramatic choice, and can allow your guests to easily see each other across the table. You can also opt for a bowl style presentation, where the flowers are kept lower. This can be a great choice if you want to include foliage.
Whatever presentation you choose, great centerpieces begin with a great florist. If you’re looking for the perfect Milwaukee florist for your wedding, get in touch with us today!
You’ll be carrying a bouquet, and your reception’s tables will have centerpieces, but what will you do for your ceremony? Many couples aren’t sure how to add flowers to their ceremony, but it’s really simple.
One great place for flowers is along your aisle. You can add floral balls at the end of each row of seats for a great addition to the venue. Whether you’re having an indoor or outdoor ceremony, flower balls can be hung from special stands made for the surface or from the ends of pews.
You can also add flowers to the altar space. If you’re having any type of archway over or around the altar, this can be covered in beautiful flowers. You can also add tall bouquets in vases next to where you’ll be saying your vows. This can set off the special location in a gorgeous way.
To find out more about how to bring flowers into your ceremony, give us a call today! We can provide a variety of flowers for your Wisconsin wedding day!