As you approach your big day, you’ll need to know when everything is going to be delivered to your venue. One of the major pieces of your wedding day will be your flowers, so when should these be delivered?
Obviously, with fresh flowers you won’t want them delivered too early. If they arrive too early, you run the risk of wilted blooms. You also don’t want the stress of worrying they won’t get there in time.
In general, you’ll want to have delivery on the day of your wedding. Flowers can arrive at your venue a few hours beforehand, giving plenty time to set up any arrangements. Your bridal bouquet can be delivered to the venue or where you’re getting ready.
You should check with your venue about any requirements they have in regards to deliveries. They might need flowers delivered earlier. If this is the case, you can make advance plans for how to keep every bloom looking fresh and beautiful through your wedding day.
To find out more about wedding flower delivery, or to choose the perfect flowers for your Wisconsin wedding, give us a call today!
You want your wedding flowers to be beautiful, but they can also add a glorious fragrance to your ceremony and reception. Choosing fragrant flowers can be an excellent choice for your bouquet and centerpieces.
- Roses are an obvious choice for fragrance, and they give an elegant style to your wedding. The variety of colors and types mean they can fit almost any wedding.
- Jasmine can be a delicate style and wonderful scent for your wedding day. With a few different styles available, it can suit a vintage, rustic, or traditional wedding style.
- Gardenia is a wonderful fragrance, and the white flowers can be a beautiful part of your bouquet or centerpieces. They will suit most wedding styles.
- Lilac can give a slightly spicy-sweet fragrance. Its small flowers can be packed densely to create a brightly colored bouquet.
- Herbs are a great way to bring extra fragrance to your bouquet. For example, lemon verbena can be added to a bouquet for a splash of green and a wonderful citrusy scent.
There are many other fragrant flower choices for your Wisconsin wedding flowers. If you want to know more about fragrant wedding flower options, come by our West Allis flower shop or give us a call today!
As we approach autumn, it’s a great time to think about the season’s best flowers. While you can still get many types of flowers as imported blooms at any time of the year, there’s something beautiful about using the flowers that are in bloom here in Wisconsin.
Roses are still in bloom through the fall, and are a classic part of any bridal bouquet. They also provide a beautiful aroma, making them perfect for your centerpieces, too.
Hydrangeas are also in bloom in the autumn. These big flowers are a big trend for bridal bouquets. They are a great way to create a large bouquet without having too many stems.
While they aren’t considered the most elegant of flower types, carnations are an excellent addition to your bouquet. They are in bloom now, and come in a variety of beautiful colors.
One truly seasonal piece for your autumn bouquet is to include fall foliage. Some autumn leaves can be a beautiful addition to your bouquet and centerpieces, particularly if you’re using the season as a theme in your big day.
There are many other local flowers in bloom throughout the fall, and throughout the rest of the year. To find out how you can use these in your wedding bouquet, get in touch with us today!
Do you dream of a wondrous woodland feel for your wedding day? The best way to create this natural style is with your wedding flowers.
An enchanted forest style can be created by bringing in a mix of flowers and greenery. This will reflect the reality of nature, and can give your venue a cool feeling at any time of the year.
Another way to recreate the forest feel is to think high. Taking your floral decoration upwards will make your guests feel like they’re in the shaded overhang of an old-growth forest. Instead of seeing a ceiling, they’ll see the beauty of nature enveloping them.
Of course, you can combine this type of decoration with either high or low centerpieces. Again, a combination of greenery and flowers is the perfect choice, and you can also consider giving your guests a living plant as favors for even more coverage. This allows them to take a piece of your magical forest wedding home with them.
To find out how to create an enchanted forest style for your Wisconsin wedding, come by our West Allis flower shop or give us a call today!
Your wedding includes more than one color, and having a full color palette can give your big day a rich feeling. This same idea can be applied to your wedding flowers.
- Choose a main color. Having one main color for your wedding flowers can give all the arrangements and bouquets a sense of unity. Think about one of your main wedding colors for this, and don’t forget that white is also one of your colors!
- Choose an accent color. This is a secondary color that will really make your main color pop. It doesn’t have to be a bold color, and pale shades such as peach or pink can work well next to white blooms.
- Choose paired colors. Along with a main color and accent color, consider looking at paired colors. This year has been full of some new combinations – yellow and grey, emerald and peach – that can give your wedding a great modern feel. These can also be included in your wedding flowers, including your bouquet, boutonnieres, and centerpieces.
To find out more about how to combine colors for your wedding flowers, give us a call or come by our West Allis flower shop today!
If you don’t know your primroses from your peonies, or baby’s breath from begonias, choosing your wedding flowers might seem like an impossible task. You might feel intimidated by the idea of putting together bouquets, but don’t be! You don’t need to be a flower expert to have beautiful wedding flowers.
To take all of the pressure off of you, you can ask an experienced florist to create everything on your behalf. All you really need is your wedding colors, and any particular theme that will need to be matched.
You can have some input, too. When you meet with your florist, have a look around and tell them which types of flowers you do or don’t like the look of. When you choose a few favorites, your florist can build the rest of your bouquet around these.
Whatever you do, though, be sure you’re working with a great florist with experience creating floral arrangements for Wisconsin weddings. When you come to Belaire Flowers, we can help you whether you’re an avid gardener or floral novice. Get in touch or come by our West Allis flower shop to find out more about creating the perfect flowers for your wedding day.
Chances are good that you’ve thought about what flowers you want in your bouquet, but haven’t given much thought to what flowers your groom is going to wear. While it might not require the same amount of thought, there are plenty of options available.
- A classic single rose. This might be the most traditional bloom for the groom — and the other male members of the wedding party — to wear. It’s elegant, but still relatively understated. It can also come in a variety of colors to match your scheme.
- Dazzling orchids. For something a bit more exotic, consider an orchid or two. They have a bit more to them than most single bloom styles, so are great for a tuxedo with tails, or a style with a cravat that will overwhelm a smaller style.
- A combination of flowers and greenery. This can be done in almost any size, and can give a great effect. The look is almost of a small bouquet, which can add some extra interest to the style.
Whatever style you’re considering, get in touch to find out how we can help with the flowers for your Wisconsin wedding.