With Halloween just around the corner, you might think it’s all witches and goblins. However, the holiday can also be great inspiration for your wedding flowers. Drawing on all the seasonal charm of Halloween can give you stunning floral arrangements and bouquets.
- Colors: Halloween is all about orange. While it’s mostly pumpkins, the color is a wonderful part of the autumn palette. Orange flowers can give a seasonal feel while still looking fresh and beautiful. Also consider dark red and white roses to give your bouquet a varied look.
- Centerpieces: Using a jack-o-lantern as a centerpiece can instantly give you a Halloween theme. Also think about pumpkins carved with your monogram, or using smaller pumpkins as tealight holders. These can be matched with a white floral arrangement for a beautiful and subtle festive style.
- Containers: Another choice is to bring the Halloween inspiration in through your vases. A traditional white and pastel orange floral arrangement can be given a holiday twist with a black vase.
If you’re feeling inspired by Halloween, find out what we can bring to your Wisconsin wedding. Give us a call or come by our West Allis floral shop today!
You want your wedding flowers to be beautiful, but they can also add a glorious fragrance to your ceremony and reception. Choosing fragrant flowers can be an excellent choice for your bouquet and centerpieces.
- Roses are an obvious choice for fragrance, and they give an elegant style to your wedding. The variety of colors and types mean they can fit almost any wedding.
- Jasmine can be a delicate style and wonderful scent for your wedding day. With a few different styles available, it can suit a vintage, rustic, or traditional wedding style.
- Gardenia is a wonderful fragrance, and the white flowers can be a beautiful part of your bouquet or centerpieces. They will suit most wedding styles.
- Lilac can give a slightly spicy-sweet fragrance. Its small flowers can be packed densely to create a brightly colored bouquet.
- Herbs are a great way to bring extra fragrance to your bouquet. For example, lemon verbena can be added to a bouquet for a splash of green and a wonderful citrusy scent.
There are many other fragrant flower choices for your Wisconsin wedding flowers. If you want to know more about fragrant wedding flower options, come by our West Allis flower shop or give us a call today!
As we approach autumn, it’s a great time to think about the season’s best flowers. While you can still get many types of flowers as imported blooms at any time of the year, there’s something beautiful about using the flowers that are in bloom here in Wisconsin.
Roses are still in bloom through the fall, and are a classic part of any bridal bouquet. They also provide a beautiful aroma, making them perfect for your centerpieces, too.
Hydrangeas are also in bloom in the autumn. These big flowers are a big trend for bridal bouquets. They are a great way to create a large bouquet without having too many stems.
While they aren’t considered the most elegant of flower types, carnations are an excellent addition to your bouquet. They are in bloom now, and come in a variety of beautiful colors.
One truly seasonal piece for your autumn bouquet is to include fall foliage. Some autumn leaves can be a beautiful addition to your bouquet and centerpieces, particularly if you’re using the season as a theme in your big day.
There are many other local flowers in bloom throughout the fall, and throughout the rest of the year. To find out how you can use these in your wedding bouquet, get in touch with us today!
You’ve planned the perfect flowers for your wedding, but do you know what to do with your fabulous blooms after the big day? Here are some great ideas.
- Give them away to guests. Many guests will ask about taking a centerpiece home. This is a great way to share the lasting fun of your wedding day with them.
- Preserve them. Whether you dry them, press them, or have them professional preserved, your wedding flowers can be a lasting memento of your wedding day.
- Donate them. Find a local nursing home or hospital and arrange to donate them. It’s a great way to spread the joy of your wedding day while doing something great for the community.
Whatever you do with your wedding flowers, making sure they’re top quality blooms can make them last longer and give you the perfect look on your wedding day. To find out more about wedding flowers in Milwaukee, or to discuss the flowers for your West Allis wedding, give us a call today!
Summer is a great time for weddings, and the season offers many great types of flowers that are perfect for nuptials. With the hotter weather, you’ll need to choose flowers that will stay beautiful throughout the full event, though.
One way to ensure you have great flowers for your summer wedding is to choose blooms that are local to us in Wisconsin. Many types of clematis and hydrangea are in season throughout the summer months and can be beautiful additions to wedding flowers.
Non-local flowers can still be a great choice, and this is the perfect time of year to choose tropical blooms like birds-of-paradise. These can add vibrant color to your arrangements while standing up to the heat and humidity of our summers.
Bright, bold colors are perfect for summer wedding flowers. It’s a chance to really show off what nature has to offer. To find out more about choosing the perfect flowers for your summer wedding, get in touch today!
When it comes to your wedding day, centerpieces are one of the most important ways to display gorgeous flowers. Along with the bridal bouquet, they’re the floral arrangements that your guests will most look forward to seeing, and that will most define the style of your wedding.
Of course, there are many different styles of centerpieces. Depending on your wedding’s style or theme, you might want to opt for something big or small, bright or subdued.
There are also multiple ways of displaying floral centerpieces. The most common way, of course, is a traditional vase. You can add extra interest to your centerpieces with a colored glass vase, which will nicely set off the flowers you have chosen.
A tall vase can be a dramatic choice, and can allow your guests to easily see each other across the table. You can also opt for a bowl style presentation, where the flowers are kept lower. This can be a great choice if you want to include foliage.
Whatever presentation you choose, great centerpieces begin with a great florist. If you’re looking for the perfect Milwaukee florist for your wedding, get in touch with us today!