With Halloween just around the corner, you might think it’s all witches and goblins. However, the holiday can also be great inspiration for your wedding flowers. Drawing on all the seasonal charm of Halloween can give you stunning floral arrangements and bouquets.
- Colors: Halloween is all about orange. While it’s mostly pumpkins, the color is a wonderful part of the autumn palette. Orange flowers can give a seasonal feel while still looking fresh and beautiful. Also consider dark red and white roses to give your bouquet a varied look.
- Centerpieces: Using a jack-o-lantern as a centerpiece can instantly give you a Halloween theme. Also think about pumpkins carved with your monogram, or using smaller pumpkins as tealight holders. These can be matched with a white floral arrangement for a beautiful and subtle festive style.
- Containers: Another choice is to bring the Halloween inspiration in through your vases. A traditional white and pastel orange floral arrangement can be given a holiday twist with a black vase.
If you’re feeling inspired by Halloween, find out what we can bring to your Wisconsin wedding. Give us a call or come by our West Allis floral shop today!
She’s the cutest member of your bridal party, but do you know what a flower girl should do? We have a few great ways for her to make her mark on your big day.
- Dropping flower petals: This is the most traditional choice and is still perfect for almost any wedding. Your flower girl will follow the bridesmaids up the aisle, tossing flower petals on the path before you walk on it.
- Introducing the bride: If you have two flower girls, they can hold a sign announcing you. To keep them true to their name, though, look for a sign that can have a garland of flowers along the top. You can also give the flower girls beautiful crowns of flowers to wear.
- Carrying your train: If your gown has a long train, you can have your flower girls help carry it. This can be a great option if you have multiple flower girls, as you can have one walk ahead of you and two helping with your train.
Whatever your plans for your flower girl, you’ll need to have fantastic flowers. For more about picking the perfect flowers for your Wisconsin wedding, get in touch today!
You want your wedding flowers to be beautiful, but they can also add a glorious fragrance to your ceremony and reception. Choosing fragrant flowers can be an excellent choice for your bouquet and centerpieces.
- Roses are an obvious choice for fragrance, and they give an elegant style to your wedding. The variety of colors and types mean they can fit almost any wedding.
- Jasmine can be a delicate style and wonderful scent for your wedding day. With a few different styles available, it can suit a vintage, rustic, or traditional wedding style.
- Gardenia is a wonderful fragrance, and the white flowers can be a beautiful part of your bouquet or centerpieces. They will suit most wedding styles.
- Lilac can give a slightly spicy-sweet fragrance. Its small flowers can be packed densely to create a brightly colored bouquet.
- Herbs are a great way to bring extra fragrance to your bouquet. For example, lemon verbena can be added to a bouquet for a splash of green and a wonderful citrusy scent.
There are many other fragrant flower choices for your Wisconsin wedding flowers. If you want to know more about fragrant wedding flower options, come by our West Allis flower shop or give us a call today!
You’ve chosen the perfect venue for your wedding, but even the best venue can benefit from some added decor. One of the best ways to decorate your Wisconsin wedding venue is with flowers.
Venue flowers will include your centerpieces, top table decoration, and cake table decoration. You can also look to add them in other places around your venue, such as near the dance floor, on any other special tables, on the bar, in the bathrooms, and around the entrance.
Your wedding venue flowers can match your bridal bouquet, or you can choose completely different flowers. Some flowers, like hydrangeas, give a great full look, while flowers like roses can give a delicate fragrance to your venue.
Centerpieces and other floral arrangements around your venue can also be a great place to incorporate foliage. The deep greens can give a richness to your arrangements and are also a way of working with a variety of wedding themes.
If you have your venue, but don’t have your flowers, or if you want to know more about how to use flowers at your Wisconsin wedding, get in touch today!
Do you dream of a wondrous woodland feel for your wedding day? The best way to create this natural style is with your wedding flowers.
An enchanted forest style can be created by bringing in a mix of flowers and greenery. This will reflect the reality of nature, and can give your venue a cool feeling at any time of the year.
Another way to recreate the forest feel is to think high. Taking your floral decoration upwards will make your guests feel like they’re in the shaded overhang of an old-growth forest. Instead of seeing a ceiling, they’ll see the beauty of nature enveloping them.
Of course, you can combine this type of decoration with either high or low centerpieces. Again, a combination of greenery and flowers is the perfect choice, and you can also consider giving your guests a living plant as favors for even more coverage. This allows them to take a piece of your magical forest wedding home with them.
To find out how to create an enchanted forest style for your Wisconsin wedding, come by our West Allis flower shop or give us a call today!
If you don’t know your primroses from your peonies, or baby’s breath from begonias, choosing your wedding flowers might seem like an impossible task. You might feel intimidated by the idea of putting together bouquets, but don’t be! You don’t need to be a flower expert to have beautiful wedding flowers.
To take all of the pressure off of you, you can ask an experienced florist to create everything on your behalf. All you really need is your wedding colors, and any particular theme that will need to be matched.
You can have some input, too. When you meet with your florist, have a look around and tell them which types of flowers you do or don’t like the look of. When you choose a few favorites, your florist can build the rest of your bouquet around these.
Whatever you do, though, be sure you’re working with a great florist with experience creating floral arrangements for Wisconsin weddings. When you come to Belaire Flowers, we can help you whether you’re an avid gardener or floral novice. Get in touch or come by our West Allis flower shop to find out more about creating the perfect flowers for your wedding day.
With so many colorful blooms available, there’s something particularly powerful about choosing all white flowers for your wedding day. It gives a beautiful look to your bouquet and venue to plenty of pure white flowers, and is unmistakably bridal.
White flowers are perfect with a white dress, but can also nicely set off any ivory, off-white, or colored wedding gown. When we saw the photos from last week’s wedding of Breaking Bad’s Aaron Paul, we were struck by the gorgeous choice of white gown and white flowers his new wife, activist Lauren Parsekian had made.
When you choose to go with any single color for your flowers, the quality of blooms is very important. You’ll want flowers that hold the color perfectly, and that look great in their own right. A single color bouquet can be all one type of flower, or it can be a mix of several types.
If you do opt for several flowers, an expert florist will be able to direct you towards blooms that work well together and that have the same tone of your chosen color. (An all-white bouquet can be completely thrown off by a single cream-toned flower in the middle!)
If you’re looking for help with the flowers for your Wisconsin wedding, get in touch today to find out what we can offer!